Rules of Entry
- Entries will open week commencing 29 October 2018, any entries submitted before this date will not be accepted.
- Entries will only be accepted using the official entry form provided no later than 23:59 on Friday 1 February 2019.
- For your entry to be accepted you must select a category and complete the form.
- For these Awards, initiatives or strategies entered should include demonstrable results from the period January 2017 to February 2018. Initiatives or strategies developed and implemented prior to this period are eligible provided the impact was measured during the past year.
- Very similar or identical information cannot be used to enter multiple categories i.e. each entry has to provide new information specific to that category.
- Consultants and other service providers may jointly enter with client organisations. All entries must be signed off by an appropriate person within the client organisation.
- CIPD and/or Judging Panel reserves the right to confirm the accuracy of the information provided on the entry form.
- The name of the entering organisation will always be used as the name referred to in all appropriate marketing communications unless instructed otherwise.
- Entrants agree to co-operate with CIPD who may wish to publicise entries through the use of social media, case studies, specific media articles and events. Commercial sensitivity will always be respected.
- CIPD and sponsoring organisations may use photographs /video of the Awards Ceremony and winners as appropriate.
- The decision of the judges is final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Due to the volume of entries, we cannot always provide individual feedback on entries.
- Finalists in each category will be announced in mid-March 2019.
- Finalists will be invited to make a short presentation to the judging panel the week of the 1 April 2019.
- Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony itself.
- The Awards Ceremony lunch will take place on Thursday 16 May 2019
Guidance for Entrants
Clearly describe the business case for the project or initiative
Indicate how the project or initiative links to a change in business strategy… is it addressing a change in market conditions or legislation? Or how it enables a core part of the organisation to be more effective? A great idea that isn’t firmly embedded in the needs of the organisation or brought to life in your entry may not stand out amongst others, however brilliant.
Don’t forget to describe the project or initiative
What did the project do for your organisation? What was it meant to achieve? Explain how these two points are related – it may not be obvious to the judges.
Quantify, quantify, quantify
You need to demonstrate measurable results and if possible, measurable objectives. Explain how the results link to the objectives.
Explain the people aspects of the project or initiative
Outline how you persuaded people to adopt the new approaches. Good entries often have sophisticated communications strategies dealing with all stakeholders. Tell us how you delivered the messages, how you made a change and who was involved.
Bring out the winning points
Explain what is unique or innovative about your entry, how important it is, or the scale of the challenges that had to be overcome.
Latest tweets via @CIPD_NI
Launching today, the @CIPD's new #PeopleProfession project aims to showcase the pivotal role HR plays in shaping people’s experiences at work through a series of videos and blogs. Read and watch them at https://t.co/o7gO8lvtJ1 and share your own stories using #PeopleProfession https://t.co/K67E0pu4p0
CIPD Director @dds180 will be discussing the potential impact of automation on the economy, and the ethics of the connected workplace - wearable tech, smart offices and predictive analytics - at the @CIPD_NI conference.
Find out more at https://t.co/l71hdY4OHR https://t.co/R5Y9eWCipr
Don't miss Linda Kennedy McCarthy, Group HR Director of @SIGplc, at the @CIPD_NI conference, talking about quantifying and demonstrating the strategic value of HR, knowing your market and your business, and increasing your impact.
Find out more at https://t.co/Z3DNB0DFBw https://t.co/jChSDavP5d